Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Happy Birthday, Jackson!!

Little Man, Stud, Jack-Jack, Jacksy:

The years are flying. It doesn’t seem possible that you were born FIVE YEARS AGO. Didn’t we just bring you home? Didn’t you just learn how to walk and talk?  Didn’t you just get big enough for a real bike?



But the calendar doesn’t lie, so tomorrow you’re a whole hand, whether it seems possible or not.

Love, you are so smart and eager to learn; you are a leader who takes his role as big brother very seriously; and you articulate your fears and feelings in such a way that blesses all of us.

I love spending time with you reading and “doing school.” I’m not really sure how much you need me considering you’ve taught yourself to add and subtract and you understand negative numbers, but you still let me read to you and are captivated by good stories. I love playing basketball, baseball, and golf with you. Thanks for understanding why our games are constantly being paused or postponed for the needs of little sisters. You catch your own fish, brush your own teeth, and can chat about everything from the Royals record to the story of Easter. Your sense of humor is fantastic – your wit and powers of negotiation are strong. There’s still a depth of understanding and an unmistakable twinkle in your eye, and your giggles are still contagious. You ask questions that challenge me and questions that I know bless the Lord. You can trash talk with the best of us. 

You may be getting bigger, but you’re still my baby. I hope it’s okay to remind you of that every now and then.

You are so loved, Jackson. Thanks for first making me “mom,” and thanks for being willing to call me “every couple days” when you’re married with a family of your own.

Happy 5 years, handsome.


Love, Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment