I've never liked the cold, but now it has seeped into my bones. I don't know how people live further north than this. The cold is awful. And although snow is pretty (until it starts melting and slushing), with temperatures in the 10s, you can only play out in for so long before everyone is miserable. I miss the days of throwing on flip-flops and running out side. [Long sigh]... On top of that? Both kids have colds so we have quarantined ourselves in the house. I've only left the house twice in one week - both were trips to the grocery store. I might be going crazy.
But today is a heat wave with temps above freezing (finally), and though the cold promises to return, there's a glimmer of hope since the 10-day forecast has highs in the upper 40s sometime next week. If I EVER complain of summer heat again, I'll be shocked.
How do we combat the cabin fever and the sick? We eat a lot of snacks; we read a lot of books; we've had movie marathons; we cuddle in the warmest place in the house (our bed); I've perfected snow ice-cream with homemade chocolate syrup; and I cook. Last night? Andrew enticed me to go to the grocery store for dessert. It wasn't pretty. Limited time Oreos? I'm a sucker for marketing. And also pregnant. But at least Evie enjoyed herself.
Dear Spring,
Please come soon!
Love,
me

No comments:
Post a Comment