Jackson,
Today, you turn FOUR, and I can hardly believe it!
Your hands are skinnier, and you no longer have the thick, pudgy fingers and wrists of a baby and toddler. Your face has thinned out; now, you look like a mini-me of your dad. All of you is skinnier, in fact, and you no longer have that big full belly to keep pants on.
You carry your own cereal bowl to the sink, you pronounce "r" correctly, you can write your first name, you can list off and discuss your family tree, you fill up sticker charts, and you help take out the trash. You reason logically and apply what you learn to new contexts...appropriately! I'm amazed by you, and all you have accomplished.
I sometimes reflect on and miss your baby/toddler voice and phrasing and stumbles, but I so love the young man you are rapidly becoming. You have a gift with words - and with it, a capacity for commanding attention, telling stories, arguing, and thinking that is far beyond your years. You are helpful just because and thoughtful when it matters, and I treasure your hugs and kisses because they are only given on your terms and consequently mean so much. Your prayers are heartfelt and earnest and full of faith. Your memory is impeccable. I'm so blessed by who you are.
I feel accomplished when my bedtime stories are good enough to not need correction or revision from you, but I so love your creative additions and never want you to lose that. I love your passion for golf and the way you dunk your Oreo cookies in milk. I love how you "always want to be with [me]."
Just know that you'll always be my baby, no matter how big you get. You are so loved, little man. You make me happy and proud. Thanks for the best four years of my life! :)
Love, Mama
No comments:
Post a Comment