Monday, May 3, 2010

my sweet Jackson

Between the move and having a newborn, I know I've been behind on Jackson updates and pictures. Hopefully, this will make up for it. :)

Jackson is a sweet baby. I call him my rolly polly b/c he refuses to sleep on his back. He likes to sleep on his side or belly, preferably snuggled up close to you. He doesn't like to be put down, which makes making food, etc. sometimes difficult. He has a swing and a bouncy seat, which he likes okay right now. I know he'll like both more once he gets a bit older.

His favorite thing to do is eat, which is why I also call him Hungry Jack. And you will be surprised to hear that he's not gaining weight that fast. We've been to the doctor for weight checks frequently, and I'm having to offer him some breast milk in a bottle (though he doesn't really like that idea). Both Andrew and I were slow to gain weight as babies, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised. We're thinking heavy thoughts for tomorrow's weight check...

His least favorite thing is to have his diaper changed. He pretty much cries every time. Often, that's how I have to wake him up just to eat...the boy can go 4 hour stretches without eating, which is totally unacceptable.

He has had some gas issues...he'll go long stretches content as can be, and then have a few hours (sometimes longer) where you can tell that he can't get comfortable. It's sad! Mylicon helps some, but definitely not every time.

Jackson's cord came off a few days ago, so he had his first bath Saturday. He didn't like it at all! :)

Andrew's back at work, so I'm trying to start establishing a routine/schedule (as much as I can). Motherhood is fantastic. It's exhausting, overwhelming, and wonderful! :)

Here are some pictures to tide you over:


The boy likes to sleep with his hands up by his face...so sweet.


With big sister, Payton.


Sweet sleeper!

3 comments:

  1. He is so sweet and quite the handsome little boy! So happy for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is a beautiful baby. When you have time swing by our blog.. That way you know the ins' and outs of whats going on in the Williams' household.

    www.waiting4news99.blogspot.com

    Jennifer W.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hudson had major gas issues as a newborn. I read (and found to be true) that the gas drops work best when used regularly over time. I gave them after every single feeding the first few months, and still do them twice a day. The Target brand are exactly the same and a LOT cheaper. You can also try Gripe Water, which they sell at Target, as more immediate gas relief if you need it.

    Sending some of Hudson's heavy vibes your way. =)

    ReplyDelete